Ceraclear is a uniquely engineered medium-to-coarse crushed angular expanded clay media, offering superior performance and significantly lower operational costs than traditional tertiary filtration medias.
Ceraclear is ideal for most tertiary and wastewater biological filtration applications.
- Effective size ranges from 1mm to 5mm (18-4 mesh).
- Uniformity Coefficient < 1.6 (typically < 1.5).
- More total usable surface area than any other filtration media for particle retention and biomass growth.
- Less backwash volume required (reduced waste) and faster overall cleanup time with less energy
- Inert and non-reactive to highly acidic, caustic, oxidizing, or harsh environments.
- Tertiary wastewater filtration for low and ultra-low total phosphorous removal.
- Ammonia removal via nitrification / de-nitrification in medium and deep bed biological filtration
- Ceralite is typically packaged in 40 ft3 (1.1 M3) bulk bags.
- Various effective sizes and uniformity coefficients are available on request.