Ceraflow is a group of fine-mesh spherical granular ceramic products, uniquely engineered to offer superior performance in high flow rate pressure filtration systems.
The almost perfectly spherical and highly textured shape enables better filter hydraulics, improved flow distribution, and more consistent filter bed interstitial spacing (resulting in improved hydrodynamics). Ceraflow-50 is our primary filtration product, with effective ranges from 0.25-0.35mm (40-60 mesh).
Ceraflow is ideal for all high rate pressure filtration applications, especially when requiring a small footprint. It is also ideal for aesthetic contaminants such as iron, manganese, health related contaminants such as cryptosporidium and arsenic, or for colloidal turbidity at high flow rates.
- Treating highly contaminated, coagulated, or uncoagulated water.
- High flow rate surface and/or groundwater pressure filtration systems.
- Use in the harshest industrial, commercial, or municipal settings.
- Turning highly contaminated water into clean water suitable for drinking and/or environmentally safe effluent.
- Whenever it is too difficult or cost-prohibitive to replace your filtration media on a regular short-term basis.
- Ceraflow is typically packaged in 20 ft3 (0.56 M3) bulk bags.
- Other packaging options for bulk orders may be available upon request.
- Can be coated with all types of oxides for filtering metals and other particulates.
- Can be paired with Ceracap (Low-density Anthracite Capping material) for dual media filter applications, or in cases where highly variable feed water quality or intermittent spikes of high solids may occur.
- Effective size ranges from 0.25 – 0.35 mm (40-60 mesh).
- Uniformity Coefficient < 1.4 (typically < 1.3).
- Surface pore sizes in the 1-40 micron range.
- Design flow rates are in the 8.0 – 10.0 gpm/ft2 range (26 – 33 m3/m2) and backwash rates are the same as service flow rates.
- NSF/ANSI-61 Certified