Ceralite is a uniquely engineered medium-to-coarse crushed angular grain ceramic media, offering superior performance and significantly lower operational costs than traditional filtration media.
Ceralite is ideal for most filtration applications, including municipal drinking water systems.
- Effective size ranges from 1mm to 5mm (18-4 mesh).
- Uniformity Coefficient < 1.5 (typically < 1.3).
- Surface pore sizes in the 1-70 micron range.
- NSF/ANSI-61 Certified.
- More total usable surface area than any other filtration media, including Granular Activated Charcoal (GAC).
- Lower total lifetime costs compared to any other filtration media.
- Less backwash volume required (reduced waste) and faster overall cleanup time with less energy consumption.
- Inert and non-reactive to highly acidic, caustic, oxidizing, or high temperature environments (up to 1000F / 538C).
- Up to 15% lower hydrated weight compared to anthracite media.
- Treating highly coagulated or turbid water.
- Surface and/or groundwater filtration systems.
- Use in industrial, commercial, municipal applications.
- Removing inorganic contaminants, heavy metals, and organic materials.
- Mono-media gravity filtration applications, or used in conjunction with a traditional and filter.
- Propagating and/or protecting biofilms.
- Ceralite is typically packaged in 27 ft3 (0.76 M3) bulk bags.
- Various effective sizes and uniformity coefficients are available on request.
- Can be coated with all types of oxides for filtering metals and other particulates.