Cerapure-MAC is a revolutionary patented blend of Manganese dioxide, metal alloy and carbon coated onto a granular ceramic filter media. The permanent coating is applied to an indestructible ceramic granule and the copper / zinc alloy, Manganese & carbon blend provides a strong and highly reactive surface for removal of iron and manganese.
- Effective size ranges from 0.2 – 0.25 mm
- Uniformity Coefficient < 1.4 (typical < 1.3)
- This reactive media will oxidize iron and manganese effectively when combined with air injection or with all types of oxidation chemicals.
- For use where iron reducing bacteria is a problem. Cerapure-MAC is bacteriostatic so it will not grow biomass and is not prone to fouling like other medias.
- Low effective size and surface roughness provides > 99% removal of 10-micron particles with filtration rates up to 10 gpm/ft2.
- The low density of the ceramic ensures a low backwash rate at < 12 gpm/ft2. Less backwash volume required (reduced waste) and faster overall cleanup time with less energy consumption.
- Any filter deigned to remove iron and manganese in conjunction with air injection
- Any filter designed to meet NSF/ANSI-42 performance criteria
- RO/NF prefiltration requiring SDI reduction
- Any filter where on-line or off-line biological overgrowth is a concern.
- Packaged in 0.5 ft3 plastic lined paper bags and 20 ft3 bulk bags.
- Other packaging sizes available on request.